We are a community who gathers together in worship, small groups, and fellowship to nurture and empower each other in our faith, so we can go into the world as the love of God.
The Methodist Church is a part of the Christian religion, and its beliefs fall in line with the traditional, orthodox statements of the Apostles Creed:
Santa Clarita United Methodist Church
26640 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
1. We believe in the triune God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)
2. We believe in Salvation through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
3. We believe in Christ's Holy Church
4. We believe in Transforming and Perfecting Grace
5. We believe in Faith and Good Works
6. We believe in the Coming of God's Realm and Reign to the World. However, Methodists believe that none of these statements matter if they don't make a difference in your life. The life of following Jesus is practical, spiritual, intellectual, and at times confounding. As we seek to discern God's will for us, as well as what these statements mean, we use:
Ultimately, John Wesley wrote, "The test of the validity of a theology, in the light of Christ, is the test of love." We pray that our lives reflect the core of our beliefs and our tradition by making real the love of God that has been poured in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.